Your health and wellbeing is our number one priority at Crown Dental Group.
In light of the recent outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have recently put measures in place so that we can continue to provide a safe environment for all of our valued patients and staff, along with protecting members of the community who are most vulnerable.
As recommended by the ADA and Government, Crown Dental Group has temporarily closed and is only accepting emergency appointments.
This will be reviewed on a regular basis and we will re-open as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.
We have also introduced new measures to the practice for both patient and staff safety:
- Additional hand sanitisers will be provided in the clinic. Please utilise these upon entering the clinic.
- Our reception and clinical staff have now increased the frequency of Common Area wipe downs with hospital grade disinfectant regularly throughout the day in the reception and clinical areas.
- Magazines and toys in the waiting room will be removed to limit patient contact.
- Patients & anyone with them (including children) are not allowed to enter the building if they have been overseas within the last 14 days. We’ll defer appointments for 2 weeks.
- Patients & anyone with them (including children) are not allowed into the building if they have ANY of the following symptoms (regardless of travel history) – fever, cough, widespread body aches (flu-like), sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, vomiting, or diarrhoea. They must not attend until they have been 100% well for at least 48 hours or have had a negative Coronavirus test.
- This may need to extend to those with sick people in their household or those who have travelled overseas within the last 14 days living in their household.
- Reception will keep a log of all visitors to the practice, including family, friends, reps, couriers, etc.
- Up-to-date travel advice for those planning to travel outside Australia can be found by visiting www.smarttraveller.gov.au.
- A National Coronavirus Health Information Line can be reached by calling 1800 020 080. Further information can also be found by visiting the Department of Health’s website, which can be found by clicking here.
We will continue to update patients via email and the Crown Dental Group website as information comes to hand. We appreciate your cooperation!
The team at Crown Dental Group