Crown Dental Group Coronavirus
The team at Crown Dental Group is monitoring the coronavirus outbreak and proceeding with care, as the health and safety of our patients and team is our priority.
In response to the virus and government policies, we have implemented many preventative measures in our clinic.
Crown Dental Group is using the following preventative measures:
- Increased personal protective equipment (PPE), which includes the use of standard level 2 surgical masks, eye protection and gloves for our staff;
- Increasing antibacterial wipe downs of all surfaces;
- Antibacterial hand sanitiser is readily available for staff and patients;
- Constantly reminding staff and patients about new hygiene protocols.
Any patients or staff members who are deemed at high-risk to the coronavirus, should self isolate at home to ensure their safety during this unfortunate time.
Please reschedule your appointment, if you:
- Have had recent contact with another person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Have in the past 14 days returned from overseas.
- Have any flu-like symptoms, including: cough, shortness of breath, fever or sore throat
If any of those applied to you, please reschedule your dental appointment and self-isolate at home. Please also avoid contact with other people during this time.
Unfortunately, if all non-essential services have to close under government orders, we will only be able to offer emergency dentistry services.
Skype and Zoom video conferencing
You will be able to book in for an appointment with our dentists over Skype or Zoom video conferencing services. These online consultations will allow us to give you dental advice during this period and plan future appointments and treatments for you.
If you require further information or support during this time, please contact our friendly staff online, or by calling our clinic on (03) 8288 1477.