Numerous people suffer from teeth grinding, or bruxism, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders. Pain and discomfort are usually the first signs of such problems, though left untreated grinding can lead to more serious issues such as severe headaches, the breakdown of teeth, sleep disturbances and difficulty with jaw movement.
Don’t accept a lesser quality of life and oral health. The Crown Dental Group team is here to help!
Solutions for TMJ, Grinding and Snoring
A mouth splint fabricated from a durable dental acrylic can control the harmful effects of teeth grinding and TMJ disorders, safeguarding your teeth from damage at night. Splints are also helpful for people who snore or have sleep apnoea, as well as for people those who require treatment for loose teeth.
Dental splints have many applications and benefits:
- Adjusting the bite into a more optimum position
- Maintaining your bite and integrity of facial structure
- Preventing pain related to TMJ dysfunction
- Protecting the teeth from further wear, sensitivity, jagged edges and pain
- Relaxing muscles and ligaments to eliminate tension and tightness of facial muscles
- Restricting the ability to grind your teeth while you sleep
Grinding Splints Melbourne
With teeth grinding, there isn’t just one cause. There are a few different possible causes including stress, diet, smoking or sleep disorders. To find out what is causing you to grind your teeth, it is best to either speak to a dentist or doctor where they can sit down and go through every possible option.
Unfortunately, using a grinding splint only relives some of the pain and pressure from the jaw joint.